About

“D.V.Sokolskiy Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry” JSC was founded on the 1st of December 1969 by the academician of Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR D.V.Sokolskiy – Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR No. 543 dated 25 August 1969.
Dmitry Sokolskiy (1910-1987) – chemist, academician of Academy of Sciences of Kazakh SSR (1951), Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry (1949), Professor (1949), Honored Scientist of the Kazakh SSR (1960), Hero of Socialist Labor (1969), laureate of the State Prize of the Kazakh SSR ( 1974), honorary doctor of the Budapest Polytechnic University (1975).
Since 27th of September 2010 “D.V.Sokolskiy Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry” JSC is a juridical person in the form of joint-stock company, 100% of shares of which are held by “Kazakhstan-British Technical University” JSC.
Currently, the General Director of “D.V.Sokolskiy Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry” JSC is Zhurinov Murat Zhurinovich – Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, Professor.
The staff of “D.V.Sokolskiy Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry” JSC consists of 112 scientist, including 3 academicians of NAS RK, 14 doctors of sciences and 42 candidates of sciences.
In the structure of the Institute there are 9 laboratories.